Thursday, October 18, 2007

Kopah - Copacabana

Oh, puckie, how I love thee! Puck, puck you are so almond-y and delish-y!

Meet Candice. She's 26 years old and lives in New York City. I received two lovely soaps (pictured above on my lanai). The round "tablet" or "puck" is the Almond bar and the standard shaped bar is made in Lavender Orange. As some of you know, I am not a big lavender fan, but I have to say that the orange counteracts whatever part of the lavender that doesn't float my boat. It smells comforting and has a nice balance. Today, however, my review is on puckie.

Seriously folks....WOAH! If you are an almond scent fanatic, then you need to have this in your shower, on your bathroom sink, in your sock drawer, on your desk and in every gift you give to co-workers and family members this holiday (they will only further support the woman behind the soap). I had these soaps on my desk for a few days, and every time I sat here I smelled a bit of creamy Almond heaven. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to take it with me to the shower. The soap had crushed almonds sprinkled on the top and bottom, which in the shower worked nicely to exfoliate. The soap had nice lather, great scent and it felt lovely! After about ten minutes the almonds wore away and I was left with a smooth bar of goodness. So smooth I continued rubbing it on my body for many more minutes. Long shower. Ran out of hot water. Hmmmph.

So get this! She only just started making soap less than a year ago!!!

"... last year I was at a Christmas fair and saw a booth selling all natural handmade soap and I thought to myself, I can do that!! So I slowly started gathering supplies and reading books and in April I started making soap. My first batch was a total disaster....I didn't get discouraged and made my second batch without any problems! At that point I was hooked.....Kopah is the Hawaiian word for soap." She shares some of her experiences on her blog: kopahetsy.blogspot.com. If you are interested in learning more about Candice, go check it out.

I think presentation is key. I have received bars that are wrapped beautifully such as Beau Savon and Barcelona and others....well, not so nicely wrapped. Kopah bars are only wrapped with a raffia and a 2 inch square piece of paper. Very little packaging, but it has impact and it is modest and classy.

I love this: "In my commitment to the environment, all of my products come with minimal packaging and when available I use recycled packing and shipping materials. Because my soap is natural and handmade without detergents and other chemicals there are no harsh products going down the drain into the sewer system. By using my products you can be sure that you are helping the environment and reducing your environmental footprint on the earth!"

Kopah Etsy shop - Go get some before the Almond batch runs out!

No comments: