Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You Light Up My Life

I got the most beautiful soy candle recently - a Chesapeake Bay candle which came in a tree motif gift box and the filled candle jar was silkscreened with the same tree motif design. So, before I even lit my candle, I felt as if I had been pampered like a Queen and the room that the candle occupied was instantly opened up, possessing a slice of zen, feng shui... peace. I had no idea a fancy candle would give me that much pleasure before I even smelled it, much less LIT it.

Isn't it gorgeous??


This is what they say about their Green Bamboo Jasmine fragrance:
This lively and alluring fragrance emerges with sweet fruity notes of cherry and orange enhanced by watery green nuances. Fresh bamboo mixed with floral touches of jasmine and muguet complete this charismatic scent.
That pretty much sums it up. I don't have the sophistication to tell you I smelled the notes of muguet. I CAN tell you it smelled lovely. I smelled the jasmine with green fresh hints and in general, the candle scent was not overwhelming at all, but the scent throw was great, it burned evenly and made the place smell yummy.

This is a 7 oz. soy candle, which is actually handpoured, the burn time is 35 hours, it has 100% cotton, lead-free wicks, it comes in thick decorated glass and a thick decorated box for only $20.00. That seems extremely reasonable. I thought such a large company wouldn't have these candles handpoured, but indeed, they do.

The next ones I'd like to try are the Citrus (Honey Lemon Creme), Gourmand (Amber Vanilla Hazelnut) and the Fruit (Tonka Bean Fig). Yum yum yum yum.

.....you give me hope, to carry on, you light up my day.....and... (can you finish the lyrics?)


No comments: